Friday, September 14, 2018

Island filmmaker hopeful about Film 4Ward program

By Daniel Brown
Sept. 14, 2018

Shane Pendergast hopes to return to P.E.I. to make films.

“We have such awesome history,” Pendergast said. “I could think of a million documentary ideas on P.E.I.”

He studies film at York University in Toronto. He grew up making short films and documentaries in Tracadie Cross.

His latest film is about John Bil, an Island restaurateur and family friend. The documentary will be played at three East Coast film festivals.

Now’s a great time to be an Island filmmaker. Pendergast was worried he’d have to choose either being a filmmaker or living in the East Coast, he said.

“I’d like to make a go of it on the East Coast for sure.”

Film PEI’s program, Film 4Ward, is great news. Especially the distinction between emerging and mid-career filmmakers, Pendergast said.

“I’ll definitely try and take advantage of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment